Thursday, September 15, 2011

Youth Alive!

What a busy week it has been! Finally I'm catching up on Youth Alive. I think everyone who went has already posted about it. So here is my experience of it. Oh ya, and I left my camera behind in California.



 I didn't plan to attend Youth Alive that week because of schedule conflicts. So when life gives you lemons. Ask God to send you apples. As I prepared to play another night of Volleyball with the guys from church I found out I would be able to make it to Youth Alive! I was so excited I couldn't focus at all during each game that we played (probably why we only won one game).

Friday I went to the beach and it was great to enjoy the nice cool weather California has to offer. Friday night came by fast and soon it was time for church!


When I walked in I ran into old friends from other conferences so it was nice to see familiar faces because without my youth group I felt weird on my own. Then I met Elias. A great guy! I felt welcomed after that and met a lot of his friends. Many I recognized from pictures or stories from his blog. Church was great! The message Bro. Calhoun preached was amazing and felt like an addition to what he had preached at Heritage back in July.

Bro. Calhoun
After church I met so many people who have read my blog, know me as yahoo, or I've read their blog.

Check out these great blogs! You can find them on my blog list also.

Caitlyn: She has a great personality. I thought I recognized her from yahoo, but wasn't sure until Elias had told me her name. Then the stories my cousin Andrew had told me from bible quizzing. It was nice meeting you. 

Ashlyn:  Another person I knew from her blog. She is a lot of fun to be around. Check out her blog. You'll be sure to enjoy it.

Marvin: What can I say about Marvin? I've never laughed so much around someone. He is someone you can be yourself around and oh how I want to learn Spanish from him! I wish I was fluent in it.
Marvin, when I grow up. I want to be just like you. I really mean it.

Elias: I probably would have been really late to church if it wasn't for his help, but we'll keep that story in the past. Guys never ask for directions. I wasn't lost I just took a detour. Anyways! It was nice meeting him since we talked about going to youth alive. I had a great time and he took me around the city. Now I have to return the favor when he has time to visit Arizona. Thanks for everything man.

Mary: I saw Mary and her youth group also at youth alive! Are you reading her blog? If not why not?! Your missing out on great stories!

It was nice to meet so many people.  To many people do I remember your name? No, sorry. I remember your face, but you'll have to remind me your name a few times.  Going out to eat after in downtown Burbank was a blur going to Fuddruckers, Chipotle, Ben and Jerrys, Cold Stone and the lock-in. I had a great time and back to where I was staying around 3 am after having dinner at In n Out on the beach.

It was very fitting walking into Downtown Disney
It was very cloudy and rained! I stood in line in the rain for several rides. So much for doing my hair that day. I wanted to visit California Adventure first and then I remembered at 9:00 AM Disney Land is open first. I was looking for the Big letters that spell out C-A-L-I-F-O-N-I-A.

Looks something like this



Instead I saw the new retro look


I'm glad Disneyland still looked the same. I had a great time meeting up with more friends thru out the day and hanging out with them all. I look forward to seeing you all again at WCC. Here are pictures from the rest of the day.
Tower of Terror with friends from Fresno

Toy Story Mania! One of my favorite rides!

The Aladdin Musical was a fantastic show! One you must see.
Do it for the story!

 I just had to buy this picture! I forgot about doing a silly face for the picture on other rides that I could use for my blog. Plus no one was covering my face like the Tower of Terror picture. I had such a great time and looking forward to next year.

Have a good day everyone!

-Jose

7 comments:

  1. Marvin and Elias: I'm sorry I stole some pictures from your blog. I lost my camera at Disney Land I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime brotha! Glad u had a good time! And no worries about the pics haha I'll be looking forward to AZ, I'll bring my sunblock! Lol take care man.

    -Elias

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey brother! It was nice meeting you at Youth Alive. And that really stinks about loosing your camera..:/ I would have been really sad lol see you arnd

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops. Losing I mean! That's what I get for doing things fast lol:p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elias.. what I shake my head?? Lol what is that supposed to mean!??:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Ash! It was nice meeting you also! It's okay. I'll just get another one soon. Haha I would have never noticed it until you pointed it out. I think Elias was shaking his head because of your typo.

    Elias, I don't think you need sun block. No beach here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...