Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Yahoo Guy

Hey everyone!

Thanks to many of our friends we all have different nicknames. To my friends; Marvin, Karla, Christina, Elias and Cesiah my new nickname is, "The Yahoo Guy".  This post is dedicated to you all Amigos!

Marvin, Karla, Christina, and Elias.


The story begins though during my senior year when my nickname was Google. If there was a moment in class that no one knew the answer I would comment, "Google it." or if I had my phone I would do it. So I was given the nickname Google. As time went on I began to use my Yahoo profile on Yahoo Pulse.


As I began to add more people to my contacts I met Elias from another friends update and then Marvin. It was something about sticky notes. So I'm making my plans to go to WCC this year to get in on this inside joke. I later on met Karla and Cesiah also a few months after. As they all posted some really good thoughts on their updates I would leave a comment and they would become long conversations. Pacific Coast Camp came a long and everyone began to talk about it. I wish I was able to go because so many people talked about how they were going to be there. It came and went that week. Every day while at work I was wishing I went to it.


As everyone talked  after service one night Christina hung out with Marvin, Elias, Karla, and Cesiah. They asked her what church she was from. When she told them I went to the same church as she did. They told her the nickname they had for me. Since I knew all of them from Yahoo and i replied to their updates I was called, " The Yahoo Guy". So when I saw her the following Sunday at church I told her it was good to see her. Then she told me the story how I was famous at Pacific Coast Camp.  My friend Andrew heard the story also and said, "They got it wrong. It's Google." I laughed because I didn't believe her and it was funny how my friends reacted saying also that It's Google, not Yahoo. So the first thing I did was posted an update that I found out my nickname was "The Yahoo Guy".  I soon found out every one's side of the story and have really enjoyed getting to know them all more. I'm really looking forward to Youth Alive where I'll get to meet them all. So to my friends in AZ I'm Google and to those in Cali I'm Yahoo! That is fine with me I can wear both nicknames as I add them to the collection of others.



For now my new friends have came up with nicknames for themselves.

Cesiah is "Cupcake Girl"
I didn't see how her hair looked like a cup cake and that is a long story too.

Karla is "Trucha Girl"
What is that in English? That means Tricky Individual. I;ve already heard several stories that she did several pranks at PCC so the name is fitting.

Marvin is "Hyper Boy" I guess the Pic says why huh?
Check out and follow Marvin's blog at http://marvincardenascoreas1992.blogspot.com/


Elias is "Delivery Guy" Thx for the group pic bro
 Elias also has a blog! Check it out at http://resilience712.blogspot.com/

Thank you once again amigos for the new nickname. Looking forward to seeing you all at Youth Alive! This story could not have happened with out you all. Leave me a comment what you think. Hope you all like the pics I chose. Tried to do the best ones. I'll talk to you all later on Yahoo! How about leaving a comment letting me know what your nick name is?

- Jose
a.k.a The Yahoo Guy


4 comments:

  1. HAHAHA look like we have gave Karla the nick name trucha lol at PCC i called our team "TEam Trucha" and karla would not stop saying Trucha lol she cracks me up. I have all kinda of nick names you just add to the list lol here are my major ones. Monkey from 5th grade. Ara cause apparently i have eyebrows of an Armenian. Lone Wolf cause there come times when i like to be alone lol and even if you don't believe i like to be home for about two months until i come out again and begin to hang out lol. Burbank church youth created that one for me lol. well Yahoo Guy lol Jose till we see each other in WCC! God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol Nice post bro. Karla should have been Trucha. My nick name from when I was really young was... Savoya, because I had an onion shaped head. I usually get called Eli all the time. My newest one is now "The Delivery Man" haha. Group pic at Youth Alive! Lol

    Have a good day

    -Elias

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvin, I owe you a churro or something when we go to Disneyland for being the 1st one to view/comment the post. hanks for the nicknames Marvin.

    Elias, I did have it up there and it must have went off when I was doing some edits and still working on adding more to my blog. It's all in the works. I remember reading your blog about your nickname. Oh ya and I put Delivery guy so it looked more uniform. Can't wait for that group pic! Hopefully no one stays home this time. :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi guys!!!nice post josee=) ahaha marvin Trucha Trucha we even Got some white folks who didn't speak spanish saying itt lol well my other nicknames wld be celia cruz, LA NEGRA, negra tomasa. Hahahah I'm krkn upp lol neways byee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...